Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Season for Addresses

So I was reading through Dean Snyder's UntiedMethodist blog and he has a great interview with a campus minister.
Which got me to thinking about the address forms I have from our campus ministries here in Cal-Pac. It is time to send along the addresses of incoming freshmen to the local campus ministries. I was a little disappointed that I didn't have any to send. We had one graduate from HS this past year, and he is going to attend one of the local community colleges for voc-tech work in the auto industry. More power to him.
I am particularly grateful to my own campus ministers who helped me through my college years. I had one para-church minister and one church minister in each of my college experiences, at Emory and then at Alabama. Thanks to Intervarsity, the Baptists, the Presbyterians and the United Methodists I grew in religious formation and more importantly in my spiritual formation.
But I am especially grateful for the friends I made through those experiences. I hurt for those who miss out on such experiences and wonder at how to attract more college students to campus ministry. Maybe another blog on that one. [I still have one about how to keep the pastor connected to the "real" world]
Peace,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home