Monday, December 12, 2005

Engagements

Blogs all over the country today are celebrating the engagement of Gavin and Erin. Congratulations to them both.
I remember the Sunday I got engaged. I had a rough morning at church, and wanted to celebrate a decent day anyway. I hadn't seen my dearest in a few days and felt the need to visit with her. I made a mad dash down the LA freeway system and landed on her doorstep. We sat and talked for a while, and then I popped the question. She was very excited about this and said yes. I asked if she wanted to see the ring that went with it. Her response was that I was more important than the ring. What a great thing for a man to hear. I did however go and gather the ring from my coat pocket and presented it on one knee. She said, "ask it again!". So I did, and she said, "yes" again. Then she said, "ask it again!". So I did, and she said, "yes" again. Then she said, "ask it again!". So I did, and she said, "yes" again. (and for those of you who thought that I just double typed that last sentence because I was slow and didn't realize that I had already said that, you would be mistaken. I wound up asking four times that night). The answer was yes every time. We had the two year anniversary of that day just last week, she said, "The answer is still yes."
Pretty cool in my book.
Peace,

1 Comments:

At December 12, 2005, Blogger gavin richardson said...

that is pretty cool. congrats on your anni. i had the subtle drop of "maybe i'll get peach roses every dec. 10th?"... i think she might.. hope i don't forget that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home